As the flowers start to wake up and show themselves, so do I. I want to get out. You? Planning my weekend adventures is easy. I just go to the events calendar at ColumbusMakesArt.com, do a search by date range and scroll. These are the eight events that caught my eye for this weekend—everything from music to film to mini festivals with art and music.
- Kicking off Thursday, April 14 and running through Sunday, April 17, Jazz Arts Group presents Sinatra! at the Southern Theatre.
- Radouan Mriziga: AKAL, in the Wexner Center for the Arts performance space runs April 14-April 16.
- You have two opportunities to catch Phil Grabsky’s film Easter in Art: April 14 at the Columbus Museum of Art and April 15 at the McConnell Arts Center.
- Friday, April 15, the opening reception for The Art of Terry Norman exhibition at Streetlight Guild, and then regular hours kick off Saturday, April 16 (Noon – 3 p.m.). The show is up through June 18.
- Saturday, April 16 brings us 2022 Alley Islands at Blockfort. Running from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. the event includes pop-up arts vendors, performances on two stages and food trucks.
- The Gateway Film center presents Young French Cinema, a series of screenings from April 15-20.
- Running through April 23 is You Have Earned Bonus Stars by Vince Gatton at MadLab.
- And, finally it is our last chance to see Little Shop of Horrors, produced by Short North Stage. It wraps up April 16.
Those are my picks for the weekend, but as previously noted, you can go to ColumbusMakesArt.com for a comprehensive calendar of all things arts and culture and make your own weekend itinerary.
Lacey Luce is a digital marketing strategist for the Greater Columbus Arts Council who finds herself talking about the weather way too much.