This weekend is actually a big weekend for me. My brother is finally trusting me to take my two nephews with me to some events around Columbus. I immediately went to columbusmakesart.com/events to find some family friendly activities that my nephews will love and my brother will definitely approve of.
Here are some of the events I found:
- Eve Zimmer’s exhibition Floral Arrangement opens June 24 at the Cultural Arts Center. This exhibition is a series of detailed and intentional oil paintings depicting vivid and intricate floral inspired designs. The opening reception is Friday, June 24 from 6-8 p.m. You can visit artmakescolumbus.com for additional viewing times.
- In celebration of #NationalPollinatorWeek, Franklin Park Conservatory is hosting Pollinator Palooza 2022 on Saturday, June 25 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Families can tour the pollinator gardens, enjoy live music and hands-on activities and see up close unique insects.
- Taft’s Brewporium Columbus is hosting their Summer Market this Sunday, June 26 from noon-4 p.m. This mini festival has local vendors for the kiddos and ice cold beer for the parents as well as a performance from DJ BLCKUNICORN.
- If you are looking for a more relaxed outdoor event, Actors' Theatre Columbus is performing A Tale of Two Cities in Schiller Park. The play opens on Thursday, June 23 at 8 p.m. Bring blankets and chairs and come enjoy the nice weather and some amazing acting.
- Grange Audubon Center has just opened a new exhibition called Natural Connections specifically meant to celebrate the art of local artists of color. Each artists explores different aspects of their own lives and passions from escapism to the mundanity of the workplace to nature and more. The exhibition is on view Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. – 3p.m., and Sunday from noon-8 p.m.
I’m thinking with these events there are lots of hands-on things and engaging activities for my nephews to focus their energy on. Let’s just say these are two very . . . I’ll use the word, excitable little guys. Are you and your family looking for things to do this weekend? There are many more events happening around Columbus, and columbusmakesart.com has everything listed for you.
Actors Theater and the National Connections exhibition are sponsored in part by the Arts Council’s Project Support grants.
Madison is the marketing intern for the Greater Columbus Arts Council, and she is very ready to be deemed the cool aunt after this weekend.