Another week is upon us! That brings more virtual activities, including ways to experience and explore the arts. I looked up our page at ColumbusMakesArt.com/Virtual see what’s happening, and here’s what I found:
- This Friday-Sunday, Apr. 24-26, the annual OhioDance Festival will be streamed online, featuring a host of virtual classes and performances.
- This Friday CAPA kicks off a series of concerts from local musicians called Apart Together, starting with Nick D’Andrea (Apr. 24), Jesse Henry (Apr. 25), Happy Chichester (Apr. 26), Zancudo Acoustic (Apr. 27) and Caroline Bennett (Apr. 28).
- Get to know emerging artists Andrew Au, Hannah Bates, Toby Kaufmann-Buhler and Lindsey Steelman through ROY G BIV Gallery’s virtual exhibition.
- The Wexner Center continues to stream films online, including the new Ohio Shorts 2020 and Donna Flor and Her Two Husbands.
- On Sunday, Apr. 26 from 3-4 p.m., Sundays at Central will livestream a concert from the Rodin Duo. They’ll be performing Beethoven, Mozart, Elgar and other work live from St. Francis de Sales church in Newark.
- Brandt-Roberts Galleries hosts virtual exhibitions currently, including the work of E. F. Hebner and Mark Gingerich.
- If you’re driving up Neil Avenue in Victorian Village in the evening, stop by Melissa Vogley Woods’ house to experience her installation Always. It’s activated by flashlight or flash photography!
Embrace this spring weather and get outside! Search the public art database first and go discover some new public art around the city.
And you can always support local artists by donating to the Emergency Relief for Artists fund.
Nick is Marketing, Communications, & Events Administrator for the Arts Council. He also leads culinary tours and blogs about breakfast at breakfastwithnick.com. He attempted Fox in the Snow biscuits again last weekend, and while they toppled over, they still taste grrrrrrreat.