And we’re another week into July! As we continue through summer and begin anticipating what school will/won’t look like next month, we’re still finding plenty of arts-related adventures on ColumbusMakesArt.com:
- The inaugural exhibition at the Arts Council’s new offices, New Beginnings: From There to Here is now open! It features stunning work from Creative Women of Color. You can see it Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m. or by appointment.
- Wednesday night, July 22, the Thurber House hosts its next virtual Summer Literary Picnic with author Jess Montgomery.
- The John Glenn International Airport’s next Java & Jams concerts series features Copacetic live on Facebook on Wednesday, July 22 at 10 a.m.
- On Thursday, July 23, The Floorwalkers play at Natalie’s in Grandview, while Omni-tet plays Natalie’s Worthington. Natalie’s is featuring a solid line-up of music
- The Ohio Prison Art Connection’s next artist interview airs on Facebook Live on Friday, July 24 at 11 a.m. This week’s interview features David Brown of the Harmony Project.
- Glass Axis will help you get some of your holiday shopping done early with their Christmas in July glass sale in their Franklinton studios. Running Friday and Saturday, July 24-25, the sale also includes sculpting classes for kids (when you pre-register)!
- The Johnstone Fund’s next New Music Ohio virtual concert is on Sunday, July 26, featuring pianist Caroline Hong.
And this week is our last chance to catch a few exhibitions, streaming films and artist talks:
- Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things streaming online through the Wexner Center
- 934 Gallery’s virtual talk with artists Jessie Horning and Ben Yacavone
- The Dublin Arts Council’s exhibition at their space of Sue King’s work
- Watch a virtual tour of Lindsey Steelman’s exhibition at ROY G BIV Gallery
- Catch the end of the Urban Arts Space’s Liminal Habit exhibition at the Hopkins Hall Gallery at Ohio State
Stay safe, everyone. Look out for others, be kind, wear a mask.
Nick is Marketing, Communications, & Events Administrator for the Arts Council. He also leads culinary tours and blogs about breakfast at breakfastwithnick.com. He would rather be sitting in a pool sipping bourbon and Coke right about now.