This will be the last Weekend Warriors for the year—actually, for the decade. I do not want to head into the new decade with regrets so below are a list of shows that I want to be sure to see before that ball drops New Year’s eve.
- Here: Ann Hamilton, Jenny Holzer, Maya Lin at the Wexner Center for the Arts, closes Dec. 29.
- The Last Flower by James Thurber and Art Unbound III at the Columbus Metropolitan Library’s Carnegie Gallery, closes Jan. 3, 2020.
- Saturday Night Fever at The Garden Theater closes Dec. 29.
- The 2019 Biennial Juried Exhibition at the Ohio Arts Council’s Riffe Gallery closes Jan. 10, 2020.
- Holiday Hoopla at Shadowbox Live, closes Dec. 28.
- Conservatory Aglow at the Franklin Park Conservatory closes Jan. 4, 2020.
Finally, I’m starting to think about New Year’s Eve and how I want to finish 2019 and toast in 2020. Live music with good friends is perfect and that has me looking at Natalie’s—both of their locations have shows booked. Teeny Tucker is playing the original Clintonville spot, and Angela Perley is playing the new Grandview location. Both these options sound fun to me, and I just got the cutest dress to wear, so New Year’s Eve is looking good.
We will be back throwing arts recommendations your way Jan. 8. In the meantime you can search and find events at columbusmakesart.com. Share your arts experiences at #artmakescbus.
Lacey Luce is a digital strategist for the Greater Columbus Arts Council who is looking forward to a new decade.