Mother’s Day is this Sunday! If your mom or mother figure is still around, be sure to celebrate her! If she’s into the arts, you can treat her to any of the dance performances, streaming films, garden tours and other events this weekend. Here’s what I found while looking on ColumbusMakesArt.com/Virtual:
- CoMo Dance has converted their popular Mother’s Day tea performance to a virtual show. Tune in to YouTube on Sunday at 2 p.m. to see a collection of recorded dance pieces.
- The Wexner Center for the Arts is streaming many of its film offerings. You can catch a virtual tour of LaToya Ruby Frazer’s exhibition with curator Michael Goodson or watch Stanya Kahn’s film No Go Backs online through May 15. Every week, Sharon Udoh (aka Counterfeit Madison) offers music classes online and streams concerts.
- COSI has shifted its science festival – which was supposed to be happening this week – to a series of Zoom webinars and other online events.
- Take a virtual tour of the bonsai gardens at Franklin Park Conservatory
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30 p.m., the Shaw Brothers host a Front Porch Happy Hour concert series with local singer-songwriters
- The It’s All Been Done Radio Hour goes online at 5 p.m. this Saturday, May 9
- If you’re a creative facing these challenging times, Wild Goose Creative offers its next Business of Art class online on Monday, May 11 from 6-8 p.m. They’re focusing on legal tips for creatives.
- Or take Mom on a walk and see some public see some public art!
Nick is Marketing, Communications, & Events Administrator for the Arts Council. He also leads culinary tours and blogs about breakfast at breakfastwithnick.com. May the Fourth continue to be with you.