I can’t believe we’re wrapping up the first month of the Columbus Makes Art Passport already! It’s been great to see so many people participating. If you’ve collected stickers in your book already, you can start redeeming them for prizes, which just went live yesterday. Take a look at columbusmakesart.com/passport/prizes to see the growing list.
Want to collect more stickers this week? Here are the passport events I found:
- The 2021 Sundance Film Festival Short Film Tour is showing at the Wexner Center’s Film/Video Theater tonight, Sept. 29.
- Collect your stamp at the Columbus Museum of Art with the latest BAM Thursdays this week, Sept. 30.
- Red Herring Productions opens its newest production, These Shining Lives, at the Great Southern Shopping Center on Thursday, Sept. 30. It runs through Oct. 17.
- Eclipse Theatre Company also opens a production on Sept. 30, the two-person show Jerry Finnegan’s Sister. See it through Oct. 9.
- GDEX 2021 returns to the Convention Center in partnership with the Origins Game Fair, Oct. 1-3.
- Shadowbox Live opens Let’s Get It On: Live Edition on Oct. 1 and runs it through Oct. 30.
- You can get your passport stamp by attending a screening of a Q&A with Mama’s Boyz creator Jerry Craft, during Cartoon Crossroads Columbus, on Saturday, Oct. 2 at noon, at the Main Library.
- Early Music Columbus hosts violinist Rachel Barton Pine and harpsichordist Jory Vinikour at Mees Hall on Saturday, Oct. 2.
- Every Saturday in October, starting Oct. 2, is All Hallow’s Eve at Ohio Village, with lots of spooky 1890s family fun.
- And the final Sundays at Scioto concert is this weekend, Oct. 3, with The Wildflowers.
Collect up to nine stamps at participating galleries during Gallery Hop this Saturday, Oct. 2:
- Christopher Burk: Quiet Settling at Brandt-Roberts Galleries
- Zainab Zayed Doodle Drawings at Emergent Art & Craft
- Well Seen Becomes Sight and Song Itself at Hammond Harkins Galleries
- Joey Monsoon at Lindsay Gallery
- (Not) Sheep Gallery
- Sarah Gormley Gallery
- Homegrown: Select Works by Artist Members of RMAC at Sean Christopher Gallery
- Sherrie Gallerie
- Studios on High
And there’s plenty more events outside passport program:
- Choreographers and dancers Crystal Perkins and Susan Van Pelt Petry will perform a night of new work, Land, Sugar, Bone & Other Illustrations, at the Riffe Center, Sept. 30 – Oct. 2.
- Cartoon Crossroads Columbus takes place virtually and at a variety of locations across the city, Sept. 30-Oct. 3. I’m always amazed at the breadth of artist talks, expos, demonstrations, exhibitions – all exploring comics and cartooning.
- Head to Easton this Thursday, Sept. 30 to hear the Shaw Brothers perform at The Yard.
- The Art of Wildlife Conservation, an exhibition featuring photography and illustrations, opens this Friday, Oct. 1 at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center.
- The monthly Hilltop Art Hop is this Saturday, Oct. 2.
- That same day is Chalk the Block at Easton.
Nick is marketing, communications, & events administrator for the Arts Council. He’s also a food/travel writer penning works for Columbus Monthly, Ohio.org, Ohio Magazine, Experience Columbus and on his own site breakfastwithnick.com. He’s begun raking leaves already.